Saturday, April 6, 2013

First post of the new year, what's up?

I haven't posted in a long minute... I mean, LOOOOONNNNG minute, smh.

What's been going on? Well, I'm glad you asked, LOL... I've been working hard at my church doing production work for our Christmas and more recently our Easter Productions.  


Although I'm the minister of music, I also am the music director for our annual productions.  These productions are huge... I mean HUGE!!!!  In the past 6-8months I've been able to interact with Gospel Music Industry's Giants like Mary Mary, Bebe & Cece Winans, Marvin Sapp, Tye Tribbett, Richard Smallwood, Beverly Crawford, Shirley Caesar... just to name a few, lol...







For most of these artists they may have majority of their TV/Performance Tracks on hand, but sometimes we run into a problem where they don't have one for a particular song we requested...  That's where FamousAmosMusic comes in...

Basically, when that happens I take a crew to the studio and create a TV/Performance Track and send it to the artist for their approval...  That itself can be a nerve-wrecking experience, cause some artist can be VERY particular of their music and how they want it done.  I don't really blame them, but sometimes it can get a little too overwhelming...

Anyways, doing these productions have really been a tremendous learning experience for me and I'm looking forward to keeping it going... My next goal is to start working on film scoring.  I really enjoy film scores like the one for the movies "300" composed by Tyler Bates and "The Passion of the Christ"composed by John Debney.

It's gonna take some work and some research to fully understand the basics of the art of film scoring, but I will take it one step at a time... I really enjoy hearing the depth and the sensitivity of their compositions.

I realize that music really makes or breaks any movie scene... Without a great film score, that "tear-jerking" scene would turn to a boring and stale video clip...  Now that I realize that importance, I'm taking the necessary steps to further my music theory so I can compose and create a great film score.

No comments:

Post a Comment