Wednesday, July 18, 2012

LIFE, never take for granted

A few months ago, I was sitting in the chapel at my job preparing to participate in a funeral of an 84year old mother/grandmother and I decided to reflect on my own life and realize that I was able to wake up this morning with ease.

Someone else didn't....

So, why today out of all days??? My answer... I don't know

I guess it has to do with realizing that we all have a time and a purpose...






The other day I was watching "Oprah's Lifeclass" on OWN and in this particular episode it featured a well-known and favored preacher, Bishop TD Jakes. They were talking about PURPOSE...It caught my attention and I realized that there's someone out here that doesn't realize how blessed they really are. Many of us live our lives taking so many things for granted...


Why do we do that??...

I don't think that folk realize that TOMORROW'S NOT PROMISED... And if we don't operate with a sense of appreciation and value, I believe that you're living a life being blind...Who wants to live a life in the blind when you don't have to?



I've read Rick Warren's "Purpose Driven Life" a few times in my life thus far and I encourage you to take 40 days and enter that journey, especially if you're looking to better understand your God-given purpose in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment