Monday, January 2, 2012

First Post :-)

Well, Happy New Year!!!!!

I decided to start blogging in this new year, cause I have a lot to say nowadays, haha... Been in the music biz (musician, producer, songwriter, artist, engineer) for over 15+ years now and I'm starting to realize that things are changing (some for the good and some for the bad, smh).

I feel that blogging can become my "balance" as I witness and/or experience different occurrences (& even frustrations) in my daily life...Plus, I feel that I have a lot of "wisdom" to share to a lot of the younger and "up-n-coming." 

I don't consider myself to be in the "major-leagues" like some other guys like I look up to (Quincy Jones, David Foster, Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins, Tommy Simms, Mano Hanes, Aaron Lindsey...just to name a few)... I haven't won any awards yet, but I do believe that I've acquired a wealth of knowledge in my journey thus far.... 

I've witness the transition from the demand for "Big Commercial Studios" to awakening of "Home/Project Studios."  Nowadays, if you own a Laptop and purchase (or steal/borrow, lol) DAW Software (i.e; Protools, Logic, Nuendo, Cubase, Digital Performer, etc...) you basically don't need access to a Commercial Studio, thus seeing the shutting down of the big famous studios like "The Hit Factory" in NY http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hit_Factory) back in 2005.

In the next few blogs, I'm going to share some of my experiences with trying to develop my career/business... It wasn't and isn't easy... But it made me be appreciate who I am and what I've accomplish thus far.

Talk to you soon




No comments:

Post a Comment